This Pear Chocolate Entremet is a delicious dessert that is sure to impress your guests. Made with layers of chocolate sponge cake, poached pears, and a light and airy dark chocolate mousse, this entremet is the perfect way to end a dinner party.
- 6-8 pears
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons sugar
1. Peel and core the pears, then cut into thin slices. Place in a saucepan with the sugar, water, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the cream and cocoa powder until smooth. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the cream mixture until just combined.
3. Grease an 8-inch springform pan with butter or cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Place one layer of sliced poached pears on top of the parchment paper. Top with half of the chocolate mousse mixture.
4. Add another layer of poached pears and top with remaining mousse mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
5. Before serving, remove from refrigerator and carefully remove sides of springform pan. Serve chilled.