This Pavlova Praliné-Noisettes is a decadent, delicious and highly impressive dessert. It is made of a crunchy meringue base, topped with freshly whipped cream, chopped hazelnuts and a rich praline sauce.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300mls double cream
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 100g praline paste
- Preheat oven to 180°C (150°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites and salt until foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time while continuing to whisk. Continue whisking until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Add the vinegar and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking tray and spread into an even circle about 25cm in diameter.
- Bake for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 160°C (140°C fan-forced) and bake for another 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Turn off oven but leave pavlova in there to cool completely.
- In a bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the chopped hazelnuts.
- Spread the whipped cream over the cooled pavlova and drizzle with praline paste. Serve immediately.