This delicious pasta dish is full of fresh flavors, including chicken and bell peppers. It’s a great weeknight dinner or lunch option that will be sure to please the whole family!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked pasta of your choice
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and bell pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes and season with salt and black pepper. Stir to combine.
Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, until cooked through. Add diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
Add cooked pasta to the skillet and stir to coat in sauce. Serve warm.