This pasta with chicken is an easy and delicious meal. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, it takes just 30 minutes to make and is sure to please the whole family. It features creamy tomato sauce, mushrooms, spinach, and some savory spices that really bring out the flavor of the dish.
- 1 lb (450 g) uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups (240 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (200 g) fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups (280 g) cooked and shredded chicken
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are tender and browned, about 5 minutes more. Add the chicken broth, cream, Italian seasoning, and spinach leaves. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.
Add the cooked penne pasta and shredded chicken to the skillet and stir to combine. Simmer for a few more minutes until everything is heated through. Serve hot.