Are you looking for an inexpensive way to make your holiday special? Look no further! Here is a delicious recipe that will delight the whole family without breaking the bank.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk or sour cream.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.