This recipe is a delicious way to stuff zucchinis with a tasty mix of flavors. The end result is a flavorful and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or main course.
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup cooked rice (any kind)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a baking dish with some of the olive oil.
Scoop out the flesh of each zucchini half and set aside. Place the zucchini shells in the greased baking dish.
Heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and spices, and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the scooped out zucchini flesh to the skillet, stirring to combine with the other ingredients. Cook for 3-4 minutes more.
Mix in the cooked rice and cheeses until everything is combined. Spoon the mixture into each of the zucchini shells.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.