Enjoy this delicious Moroccan classic – a tajine of chicken and vegetables slow-cooked to perfection. This dish is full of flavor and the perfect way to bring a little bit of Morocco into your kitchen.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups chicken stock or water
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add the spices and cook for another minute.
Add the potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, zucchini, chicken cubes and chicken stock or water. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low. Cover the pan and cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Serve hot with couscous or rice.