This Moroccan chicken tajine recipe is easy to make with a Thermomix. It’s full of fragrant spices and has a delicious sweet and sour flavor.
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 500 g skinless chicken thighs, cut into bitesize pieces
- 150 g green olives, pitted and halved
To make the tajine in your Thermomix:
Place the onion and garlic in the bowl. Chop for 3 seconds on speed 5. Add the oil and sauté for 2 minutes at 100°C on speed 1.
Add the spices, bay leaf, honey, lemon juice, tomatoes and chicken. Cook for 20 minutes at 100°C on reverse + speed 1.
Add the olives and cook for a further 10 minutes at 100°C on reverse + speed 1.
Serve with couscous or rice.