This rich and moist Coconut Cake is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that can be enjoyed all year round. Topped with a crunchy rock sugar glaze, this cake is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and coconut milk to the creamed mixture beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of white sugar, 2 tablespoons of coconut milk, and 1 tablespoon of rock sugar until fully dissolved.