These mini cakes are a delicious treat for any time of day. They use fresh apples and candied fruit to create a sweet, yet tart flavor that everyone will love.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups finely chopped apple (about 2 medium apples)
- 3/4 cup chopped candied fruit (such as cherries, pineapple, or apricots)
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 12 muffin tins with butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time until combined. Stir in vanilla extract and yogurt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in apples and candied fruit.