This light Charlotte with canned pineapple is a simple and delicious recipe. It’s perfect for a snack or dessert. The combination of the sweet and tart flavors of the pineapple and the light and airy texture of the cake make it a great treat.
- 1 can of pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice for later use.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking powder, stirring just until combined.
- Gently fold in the drained pineapple.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.