This salad is a delicious combination of lentils, bulgur wheat, poached egg and a light vinaigrette dressing. It makes an easy and nutritious lunch or light dinner.
- 1 cup green lentils
- 2 cups bulgur wheat
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the lentils and place in a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain any excess water.
- Place the bulgur wheat in a bowl with 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Cover the bowl and set aside for 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a gentle simmer. Carefully crack each egg into the pan one at a time and cook for 3-4 minutes until the whites are just set and the yolks are soft. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Combine cooked lentils, bulgur wheat, poached eggs and dressing in a large bowl.