This savory chicken and rice dish is a simple, hearty dinner that’s sure to satisfy. Prepared in one pot with just a few staple ingredients, it’s a great option for busy weeknights.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the rice and stir until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pot and season with garlic powder and thyme. Pour in the broth. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is completely cooked.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.