This is a delicious and spicy Moroccan dish made of haricot beans (also known as navy beans) cooked in a rich tomato sauce with onions, garlic and spices.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 400g can haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Add the paprika, cumin powder, coriander and cayenne pepper (if using) and stir to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes until softened.
- Add the haricot beans and 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.