This recipe is a delicious combination of green lentils, chicken breast and a bônoise sauce. This hearty stew is the perfect meal for a cold winter night, and is sure to leave you feeling satisfied!
- 1 cup of green lentils
- 2 cups of water
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine or dry vermouth
- In a large pot, combine the lentils, water onion, garlic and olive oil.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Add the chicken cubes, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir everything together.
- Add the diced tomatoes and white wine or vermouth. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with some crusty bread or over mashed potatoes.