This delicious gratin of crozets is a great way to use up leftover roasted chicken. Combined with leeks, this dish is a tasty and hearty meal.
- 350 grams of crozets
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons plain flour
- 500 milliliters milk
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyère cheese, divided
- 2 cups cooked and shredded roasted chicken leftovers
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the leeks and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and stir for 1 minute more.
- Add the milk and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the thyme, 1/2 cup of the cheese and the cooked chicken. Add the crozets to the pot and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.