This delicious Gratin of Rice with Smoked Chicken Leftovers is the perfect way to use up any extra chicken you may have. It’s easy to prepare and has a great flavor, thanks to the combination of smoked chicken, creamy cheese, and flavorful herbs. Serve it with a side salad for a complete meal.
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups diced smoked chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, smoked chicken, onion, garlic, parsley and thyme leaves. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with heavy cream and dot with butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.