This delicious gratin of gnocchis with ratatouille is the perfect comfort food. With the addition of cheese and herbs, it’s a savory meal that will make your mouth water!
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package store-bought gnocchi (or homemade)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the eggplant, bell pepper, garlic and onion and cook for about 10 minutes until softened. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes until everything is tender.
Spread the gnocchi in a greased 9-inch baking dish. Pour the ratatouille over top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.