This delicious gratin of celeriac and leftover chicken is a great way to use up leftovers and make something special out of them. It’s an easy dish that you can make in no time, and you can prepare it in advance too. The creamy sauce, combined with the crispy celeriac and pieces of cooked chicken, makes a delicious meal that’s sure to please everyone.
- 1 large celeriac
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Peel the celeriac and cut into 1/4 inch (6mm) slices.
- Place the slices in a baking dish.
- Add the shredded chicken and pour over the wine and cream.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the celeriac is tender.