This recipe for Grandmother’s Plum Pie embodies the essence of a classic dessert. It features a buttery crust, sweet and juicy plums, and a hint of spice. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream or cool it to room temperature and enjoy with a dollop of whipped cream. Either way, you’re sure to savor every bite.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups pitted and quartered plums
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until crumbly.
- Arrange plums in pastry shell, then sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.