Making waffles like grandma used to make is a great way to turn a regular day into something special. Here’s how to make Grandma’s waffles:
- In a bowl, sift together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, and 2 cups of buttermilk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Heat up your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add a ladleful of batter to the hot iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.