This classic Grandma’s recipe is the perfect way to use up summer vegetables. It’s a delicious and easy meal that will quickly become a family favorite.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups fresh vegetables of your choice (such as carrots, potatoes, bell peppers, etc.)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes until softened.
- Pour in the white wine and stir to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes until the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Return the chicken to the pan and pour in the chicken broth. Add the thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
Finally, add in your desired vegetables. Cover again and simmer for an additional 10 minutes until vegetables are tender. Serve hot over rice or mashed potatoes.