This classic bread pudding recipe is a great way to make use of stale bread. The creamy custard, soft bread, and sweet raisins all come together to create a comforting dessert that’s sure to please.
- 6 cups stale bread cubes
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup golden raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the bread cubes and milk. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over the bread mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the raisins (if using) and stir again.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted comes out clean.