This is a delicious homemade recipe for quince jelly that will bring your family a taste of nostalgia. It’s easy to make and the result is a fragrant, sweet jelly that can be enjoyed with toast or served as an accompaniment to cheese.
- 2 pound of quinces
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash the quinces and cut them into small cubes. Place the cubes in a large saucepan and add the water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until the fruit is soft. Strain through a sieve or muslin cloth.
- Return the liquid to the pan and add the sugar, stirring until it has dissolved. Add the lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until it reaches setting point (when a drop placed on a chilled plate sets).
- Pour into sterilised jars, seal tightly, and leave to cool before serving.