This classic French dish is a great way to make a delicious meal with only a few ingredients. The slow-cooked chicken is tender and juicy, and the creamy sauce is full of flavour. Serve with mashed potatoes for a comforting family dinner.
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken legs and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Sprinkle over the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour over the chicken stock, add the bay leaf and thyme sprigs, then bring to the boil.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
Serve with mashed potatoes or your favourite side dish.