This is a classic grandma-style recipe that results in delicious, tender chicken in a thick, flavourful sauce. It’s an easy dish to prepare and can be served with a variety of side dishes, such as mashed potatoes or rice.
- 2 pounds of boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) of diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken thighs until they are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, oregano, basil and tomato paste and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve warm with your favorite side dishes.