Grandma’s Chicken and Vermicelli Soup is a classic, comforting soup that combines chicken, vegetables, and vermicelli. This warm and hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- 2 cups cooked vermicelli noodles
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken broth, carrots, celery, thyme, salt and pepper. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Add the chicken and vermicelli noodles and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Serve hot.