This delicious and comforting recipe for Grandma’s Caramel Rice Pudding is sure to be a family favorite! With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this creamy and sweet treat in no time.
- 1/2 cup (100 gr) white rice
- 4 cups (960 ml) of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 gr) of salt
- 1/2 cup (100 gr) of sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 gr) of butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (67 gr) of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, cook rice in 4 cups of milk with the teaspoon of salt until the rice is soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add the 1/2 cup of sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the melted butter and spread mixture into the prepared baking pan. < li>In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup of butter and vanilla extract. Sprinkle over the top of the rice mixture.< li >Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Enjoy! li > ol >