Grandma’s apple compote is a delicious and easy to make dessert. You can make this classic French recipe with only four ingredients: apples, sugar, butter and cinnamon. The result is a warm and comforting apple compote that will bring back childhood memories.
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add the apples and cook for 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let cool before serving.