This easy, gluten-free chicken piccata is an ideal meal for busy weeknights. The lemon and caper sauce pairs perfectly with the tender chicken and al dente gluten-free pasta. Enjoy this delicious dish in just minutes!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside. Add the garlic and capers to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the lemon juice, butter, wine (or broth), and parsley. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer for 2 minutes more.