This gingerbread recipe is perfect for the holiday season! It is a moist and flavorful cake, spiced with ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. The batter can be prepared in advance and baked just before serving.
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the molasses mixture until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven. Allow to cool before cutting into squares or other desired shapes.