This gingerbread cake is a delicious and fragrant recipe that will make your Christmas celebrations even more special. Rich and full of flavor, it’s an ideal dessert or snack to enjoy with family and friends.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, Cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter until smooth. Add the eggs and molasses and mix until combined.