This General Tao’s Spicy Chicken dish is a delicious take on the classic Chinese take-out. It has all the flavors you would expect and will not disappoint!
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
In a shallow bowl, toss chicken cubes with cornstarch to coat. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coated chicken cubes and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes. In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger root, sesame oil and cayenne pepper. Add the sauce mixture to the skillet with the cooked chicken and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 minute until sauce thickens.