This foie gras recipe is an easy and delicious way to enjoy the festivities. Foie gras balls are a perfect appetizer or entrée and can be served warm or cold. The combination of sweet and savoury flavours makes it a hit with friends and family.
– 500g of Foie Gras
– 2 tablespoons of cognac
– 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
– 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves, chopped
– 1 cup (150g) of breadcrumbs
– 3 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the foie gras, cognac, pepper, garlic, parsley and thyme.
3. Form the mixture into small balls (about the size of a golf ball). Roll each ball in the breadcrumbs until completely coated.
4. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.