This easy and delicious Moroccan M’hamer Chicken is a great dish to try if you are looking for something different. It makes for a great dinner party dish or just a simple weeknight meal.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions to the same pan and cook until softened. Add the garlic, cumin, and turmeric and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato paste and chicken stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pan and cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. li >< li > Uncover and add honey. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer for another 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. li >< li > Serve hot over cooked rice or couscous. li > ol >