This easy chicken tajine with olives is a classic Moroccan dish that is full of flavor, and can be served with couscous, potatoes, or roasted vegetables.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and halved
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken thighs and season with cumin, ginger, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Add the onion and olives to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are soft. Serve over couscous or your favorite side dish.