This easy Chicken Fricassée recipe is a delicious and comforting dish that your family will love. It’s made with tender chicken, mushrooms and a rich sauce that comes together quickly. The best part is that you can easily adjust the ingredients to make it your own. Serve it with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables or a side salad for a complete meal.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, oregano and thyme and cook until the mushrooms are softened, about 3 minutes more.
- Pour in the wine or broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.