This creamy chicken soup is a delicious and comforting meal for cold days. It is made with shredded cooked chicken, vegetables and cream. Serve it with some toasted bread or croutons for a complete meal.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add the chicken broth while stirring constantly.
- Bring the soup to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream and shredded chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.