Impress your family and friends this Christmas with these delicious Christmas Tree Puffs with Salmon that have a savory pastry and creamy salmon filling. This easy-to-make recipe is a great way to celebrate the festive season.
- Ingredients: puff pastry, cream cheese, smoked salmon, egg yolk, egg white, lemon juice, chives, olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut into 12 equal parts.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, arrange the shapes in the shape of a Christmas tree.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese and chopped smoked salmon. Add lemon juice and chives.
- Fill each puff pastry shape with cream cheese and smoked salmon mixture.
- To make an egg wash: beat together one egg yolk and one tablespoon of olive oil. Brush the wash over the puffs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.