This Christmas spiced orange marmalade is the perfect way to preserve the delicious taste of oranges for months to come. It’s a quick and easy recipe that yields a large quantity and is filled with festive warming spices.
- 2 kg oranges, peeled and diced
- 2 l water
- 1 kg white sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cloves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a pot, add the diced oranges, water, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add in the cinnamon sticks, cloves, and lemon zest.
- Simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to sterilized jars.