These Christmas Spice and Molasses Cookies (also known as Pipparkaku) make the perfect festive treat. They are crisp and crunchy on the outside and deliciously soft in the middle.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cardamom. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add the molasses and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined (do not overmix). The dough will be thick.
- Using your hands, roll teaspoon-sized balls of dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.