This traditional Christmas dish is a delicious way to combine the flavors of Spain and France. It features a lightly spiced stuffing, which gives the chicken a wonderful flavor. Serve it with roasted potatoes or a side dish of your choice.
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 pounds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups day-old bread cubes
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, thyme, paprika, nutmeg and pepper. Rub the mixture onto the chicken.