This Christmas, why not try something different? With these recipes you’ll be able to make a delicious meal without breaking the bank. Here’s how to make an amazing meal that won’t cost you an arm and a leg!
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan).
- In a large bowl, combine 500g of minced beef, one onion finely chopped, one carrot grated, two cloves of garlic chopped and two tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix everything together and shape into 16 mini meatballs. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, cook 500g of potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes then mash with 75g butter, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Make the gravy by heating one tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add one onion finely chopped, two tablespoons of plain flour and two teaspoons of mustard powder. Cook for one minute then gradually add 375ml of beef stock while stirring continuously.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- To serve, spoon the mashed potato onto plates then top with four meatballs each. Pour over some gravy and enjoy!