Christmas hats are a traditional pastry that is easy to make and will bring festive cheer to any holiday table. This recipe makes 12-15 small hats.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and almond extract, mix until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten each ball slightly with your finger or a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.