These festive cookies are the perfect treat to make during the holiday season. The dough is made with butter and decorated with redcurrant and blackcurrant jelly, giving it a sweet, tangy flavor. Enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate or tea!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons redcurrant jelly
- 6 tablespoons blackcurrant jelly
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add to the butter mixture until combined.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Using your thumb or the back of a spoon, make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Fill each indentation with 1/2 teaspoon of either redcurrant or blackcurrant jelly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.