This Christmas Chocolate Cake is the perfect way to celebrate the holiday season. It’s rich and decadent, and it’s sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar until combined. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add in the vanilla extract and mix until combined. li >< li > Slowly add in the flour mixture in three batches alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. li >< li > Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting. li > ol >