This delicious soup is a festive way to welcome the Christmas season. The velvety texture of chestnuts combined with cocoa powder, cream, and butter makes it a great starter for any holiday meal.
- 1 lb chestnuts
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Cut an X on the flat side of each chestnut.
- Place the chestnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Peel off the shells and inner skin.
- In a large pot, combine the peeled chestnuts, vegetable broth, cocoa powder, cream, and butter. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Serve hot and enjoy!