Christmas is the perfect time to make a special dessert. This chestnut charlotte is a great choice for a festive dinner. It is creamy and full of flavor, and the chestnuts give it a unique nutty taste. With its delicate layers of sponge cake and chestnut cream, this charlotte will be sure to impress your guests.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can pureed chestnuts
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, whipped
For the Glaze
- 1 (10 ounce) jar marrons glacés (candied chestnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, baking powder, eggs, flour and salt until light and fluffy.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- To make the filling, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add condensed milk and stir until combined. Reduce heat to low and add chestnuts; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a bowl, fold together the chestnut mixture and whipped cream until well combined.