Are you ready for the Christmas and New Year festivities? Make sure your holiday table looks festive with these delicious cakes and logs!
- All-purpose flour – 2 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 4 large, separated
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line two 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the batter until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. li >< li > Allow to cool completely before frosting . li >< li > To assemble , place one cake on a serving plate . Spread with frosting , then top with remaining cake . Spread top of cake with frosting , then cover sides of cake with remaining icing . li >< li > Decorate as desired . li > ol >