This Chocolate Raspberry Christmas Log Cake is a delicious showstopper dessert to celebrate the holidays! A moist chocolate cake is filled with raspberry jam and frosted with homemade chocolate buttercream. It’s decorated with a festive holly design, making it the perfect centerpiece for your holiday meal.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 inchx12 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a mixer until light and foamy. Slowly add sugar and beat until thickened.
- Mix in oil, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.